I need scholarly research materials for a paper on Patsy Cline.
[Thanks for your call. Here's a quick recap of what we covered during the online screen-sharing we did together, just to jog your memory of what we did and where we found the best results.]
I suggest beginning with a "discovery" search using the search box on the library's home page. For example, you could try searching for: (Patsy Cline). Notice I put the name in parentheses so that the search engine will keep the two words together when it completes the search for me.
Look over the results, especially the ones for books and eBooks, and take note of the subject headings you find when you click on a book title. (They're on the right-hand side of the second screen when you click on a book title.) You will want to use these when you begin searching individual eBook and eJournal collections.
Also, if you find a print book in your results, you have two choices for using it:
- Use the Book Request form (home page > Services tab > Forms > Book Request) to have it shipped to you at our expense. (You pay to ship it back.)
- If you only need one complete chapter of the book, use the same form but fill in the chapter information and we'll scan a copy to send you as an email attachment.
Some suggested eBook collections to search:
- Credo Reference--This has biographical materials on Patsy Cline
- EBSCO eBooks and ProQuest eBrary collections--These have scholarly books on Patsy Cline as well as on topics like Popular Music -- History & Criticism and Country Music -- History & Criticism
Some suggested databases to search:
- EBSCOhost All Reference Databases Collection--Use the following modules: Academic Search Complete, BIR Entertainment (for reviews of music and information about musical recordings), Humanities International